All parents who have children at Gordon Head school belong to the Gordon Head Middle School Parent Advisory Council (GHMSPAC). PAC Meetings are held once a month on the third Wednesday of the month at 7 pm via Zoom. We communicate with the parents through emails and the school newsletter. If you would like to contact the PAC you may email email@example.com.
The PAC’s purpose, as stated in the GHMSPAC Constitution, is to:
- promote the well-being of the student in the school, home and community;
- enhance communication between parents, students and the community and school/district staff and administration;
- provide a forum for consultation with the school administration and staff;
- support and enrich the activities of the students through financial assistance for arising program needs and by direct involvement in extra-curricular or extended classroom projects.
An executive of volunteer parents who are elected at the Annual General Meeting in May of each year plays an active role in coordinating programs, such as:
- emergency preparedness
- parent education
- health, fitness and safety projects
- special hot lunch days
- assistance to teachers
- year-end functions and fundraising
“Parents as Partners” in education is very much a part of the supportive environment at Gordon Head Middle School.
We appreciate receiving support from all parents and welcome ideas and suggestions for our activities and general meetings. PAC information to parents, such as dates of monthly meetings which are open to all parents, special functions and requests for volunteers is communicated through the school’s emails.
If you have any questions please contact a member of the PAC Executive. Our PAC is a member of the VCPAC (Victoria Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils), whose purpose is to encourage and promote meaningful parental involvement in the education of all students within School District 61.